Vegetables, Fruits, Dairy and More You Can Eat Freely on HCG Phase 3During the core 500-calorie phase of the HCG diet, you're eating from a very small, defined list of foods, because oral HCG drops won't help you lose weight quickly enough if you're eating the wrong foods. You only have so many veggies to choose from, and you can't mix them. You only have four fruit choices. Your dairy is limited to one measly tablespoon of milk per day.
When you start HCG phase 3 (the stabilization phase), you suddenly have a lot more freedom. All you need to avoid now is sugar and starch. Dr. Simeons also says to be careful of very sweet fruit. But which fruits was he referring to? What about starchy vegetables like potatoes?
Don't worry, we've got you covered. Absolutely everything on the list below is allowed during HCG phase 3. At the bottom of the article we'll point you to a great resource for HCG phase 3 recipes and menus.
(We have another list of foods that you need to AVOID during phase 3 if you want to be able to stabilize your weight properly.)
HCG Phase 3 Foods: Vegetables
The stabilization phase of the HCG drops diet opens up a huge variety of veggies to tickle your palate. It's unfortunate that some of the most popular vegetable choices, including corn, peas, and potatoes, have such a high starch content. Because of that, they're not on this list. The good news is that there are a boatload of other choices. Why not try something new to celebrate?
1. Bamboo shoots
2. Bean sprouts
3. Bok Choy
5. Brussels sprouts
8. Green beans
10. Jalapeno peppers
16. Red chili pepper
19. Snow peas (pods)
20. Spaghetti squash
21. Summer squash
22. Sweet bell peppers (green, red, or yellow)
HCG Phase 3 Foods: Fruits
The trickiest part about your new fruit choices is trying to figure out which ones are "very sweet" and therefore not allowed by Dr. Simeons. Luckily for you, we've done the research for you. All the fruits on the list below are yours to eat during HCG phase 3, free and clear. You won't see bananas or grapes, but you can always try them in small quantities, and you'll be able to enjoy them freely again in three short weeks.
30. Coconut (unsweetened)
31. Cranberries, fresh or dried
32. Figs, one large—careful of sugar content
HCG Phase 3 Foods: Dairy
Dairy lovers are going to love phase 3 of the HCG drops diet. You're cleared to eat dairy of all kinds now—but you have to beware of added sugar. Sugar still isn't allowed! So watch out for super sugary yogurt. Go for the plain or Greek yogurt with zero carbs, and add some stevia and fruit.
48. Cheese, including both hard and soft cheeses like American, brie, cheddar, mozzarella, parmesan, provolone, string cheese, and Swiss
49. Cottage cheese
50. Cream cheese
51. Eggs—boiled, fried, poached, scrambled, deviled, etc.
54. Yogurt (sugar-free)
HCG Phase 3 Foods: Other
The stabilization phase unlocks a whole new world of food options. Here are a few odds and ends to really spice up your HCG diet on phase 3.
55. Alcoholic beverages in moderation—Dr. Simeons mentions a glass of wine with a meal, for example
56. Dried soy beans
57. Fruit juices with no added sugar, and watch portion sizes to limit sugar intake
58. Mayonnaise (check label for sugar)
59. Oils for cooking or baking
60. Pure peanut butter, other nut butters (sugar-free)
61. Sugar-free dressings and mustards
62. Taco salad, without the tortilla product
63. Veggie dip: combine plain non-fat yogurt with ranch or onion seasoning mix—check seasonings for sugar
With all this variety, you may find yourself wanting some new HCG phase 3 recipes. The best resource for phase 3 recipes is the Ultimate HCG Diet Recipe Book, which includes over 60 HCG phase 3 recipes. Or, even better, take a look at this Stabilization and Maintenance Program, the most comprehensive program of its kind.